Pages

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Just Helping Out A Friend

Nothing to do with my course but I thought I'd share it with you.

Last week, I was involved in my university fashion show where the fashion students showed their creations. My twin brother was asked a week prior to it but i was involved literally two before the show. One of the models didn't show up and I had to fill the spot.

The guys and myself had to model two pieces of clothing. One was a traditional African wear designed by Sebita Aziz and the other was clothing created by Fumbi, who founded 'FUMSOL LONDON'. He was the guy who asked me to help him out.

From what i gathered, the fashion students had to create six pieces of clothing for their coursework and look for models to wear them. And I have to say, they all did a pretty good job at it.

The African wear I wore consisted of a long sleeve t-shirt, a tight slanted t-shirt and a massive scarf over it. I wore skinny fit trousers with no button and i wore size 10 shoes that were pointed at the top which belonged to Fumbi which completed the look.

The second piece of clothing I wore was a grey suit with a tight navy long sleeve tshirt with a mask and sunglasses with slim fit trousers and long black shoes. I was also given a black bag to complete the look.

The catwalk was dark and I couldn't see anybody (due to me being short sighted and I had to wear sunglasses) but apparently the audience and some of the other models thought i was a professional model. I was surprised yet excited at the same time.

The African clothing and Fumbi's clothing made it to the VIP showcase where only eight pieces were chosen out of the rest ( I can't remember how many) but it was a good experience for me and the other models.

Congratulations to the designers who made it to the VIP showcase and good luck to Fumbi and his Label and also to Sebita, hope you guy go far.

I uploaded some of the pictures from the show plus some F U M S O L clothing.

You can also check out the website: http://www.fumsol.com/flashpage.html and his blog http://dailyfumsolfashion.blogspot.com/

Enjoy Life.

End Transmission

F U M S O L   L O N D O N 

African Wear, designed by Sebita Aziz
F U M S O L   L O N D O N clothing designs

No comments:

Post a Comment