Pages

Thursday 9 June 2011

Podcasting: Podcast and Website

Hey guys, how you doing? Hope you're enjoying life.

This is my first entry concerning my work from University, it took me a while to decided what to start with so I thought I'd start off with this:

As you all know I study Broadcast Journalism and for one of my modules, I had to create a podcast and a website of any topic of my choosing. I was very excited about the website bit as it was a chance for me to learn how to make a website and to develop my personal skills from it. My topic of discussion was public transport because there was a lot of news circulating about the state of the tubes and I thought if I could keep up with the news, then I would get my work over and done with, but to be honest, it was harder than I thought.

For my podcast, I went out on the streets of London (Camberwell to be precise) to record some vox pops (Voice of the People) about their views on public transport. Once I collected all of them, I used Adobe Soundbooth to edit the sound clips together. That was the easy part over.
The website however gave me problems. Because it was my first attempt to make a website, I didn't have clue on how to start it off despite given a booklet to help me out. Gathering information and pictures was easy enough, but laying it out onto the page was a tad difficult. Long story short, I was given another opportunity to work on my website and I did better the second time around. I think I did a good job despite not using Adobe Dreamweaver before.


If the link doesn't work then let me know. More work related posts coming soon.
Here are screenshots of my website:




More work posts coming soon.
Until then, Enjoy Life.

End Transmission

No comments:

Post a Comment