Pages

Tuesday 7 June 2011

X-Men: First Class [Watched]

X-Men First Class: 4.5/5
The Jidz here. I watched X-Men First Class on Saturday and here is what I think:

Best X-Men Film so far.
I watched the trailer of the film and knew straight away it was going to be a good movie.

James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender made the film such a success that I don't think ill be able to cover it all in this post, but I can try.

This is in fact one of the best comic book adaptation I have ever seen so far. The cast really stepped up to their characters and the storyline was gripping from beginning to end. The origin story of Magneto was so mind boggling I'm considering watching the film again. Congratulations to Matthew Vaughn for making in my opinion the best X-Men film so far.

What I really liked was the way we were able to join all the characters on an emotional and political journey through life from the beginning as a mutant and how they discovered they could use their powers for the good of mankind, but obviously Magneto had doubts about how mankind would react to them and had other ways to get to the same goal. The friendship / rivalry between them was alive and well.



"If you're using half your concentration to look normal, then you're only half paying attention to whatever else you're doing." - Eric Lehnsherr

I also liked the character development of the young mutants Beast, Havoc (Cyclops' brother) Mystique, Banshee, Darwin, Angel Salvador (later on known as Tempest) as well as Eric and Charles as we are able to relate to them so early in the film.

The Hellfire Club was a brilliant touch to the film, they did it for me, especially Azazel (Nightcrawler's father). Jason Flemyng really did a smashing job portraying him.

The cameo appearances of Hugh Jackman (Wolverine) and Rebecca Romijyn (Mystique in the first three X-Men films) along with a brief glimpse of Storm when she was younger really made the film a HUGE success, I'm not surprised that it made 22 MILLION Dollars in it's first week.

Costumes, makeup, location, camera shots, editing, special effects and music was brilliant. I wouldn't have changed a thing.Along with the CGI, numerous fight scenes and the political side of the story, I think that the film deserves a 4.5 out of 5 and if you don't like superhero movies, then this film might change your mind about them in general.

"You want society to accept you. But you can't even accept yourself."  - Eric Lehnsherr
I'll stop here. I don't want to spoil the film for you. And if I have then my apologies.

Enjoy Life.

End Transmission

No comments:

Post a Comment