Pages

Monday 20 June 2011

Thor [Watched]

Another late review, apologies for the wait.

I remember watching the trailer a couple of weeks back and I said to myself, how can they make a film about a god different from all the rest of the films? I couldn't wait to see the fight scenes especially in a film as impacting as Thor. I was expecting lots of lightning and skull crushing blows with that massive hammer and guess what?

It delivered. I left the cinema a happy man. Kenneth Branagh, I salute you.

Chris Hemsworth, Anthony Hopkins and Tom Hiddleston were perfect for the roles of Thor, Odin and Loki, the three people who I believe were the real driving force of the film.

Hemsworth's acting was so on point that I couldn't believe it. Branagh made a wise choice by letting him play the role. Hiddleston's lean look made him the perfect role for Loki. I watched the animated episodes when I was younger and seeing these guys on the big screen making the animation's come to life was top notch. 

My favourite scene was when Thor was banished from Asgard and when Odin displayed his disappointment in him. That scene showed me first hand how powerful Odin was and he was still in charge despite Thor chosen to be the next King.

What I really liked about the film was the underlying story behind everything, how Loki wasn't going to be given the throne in the first place because he wasn't Odin's child thus empowering him to seek revenge on him and Thor. He was calm and sinister at the same time, turning against his childhood friends and even his foster parents. What an evil guy.

Also, how Thor wasn't worthy of taking the throne because of his arrogance and quick temper but as the film progresses he was willing to protect a world he doesn't belong to despite not him having his godly powers (even though we knew he was getting his powers back.)

Thor made $435 million worldwide. 

I've said this before and I'll say it again: I cannot wait for The Avengers movie to come out.

Ill rate this film 4/5 stars. A decent film to watch.

Once again apologies for the late review.

Until then, Enjoy Life.

End Transmission

No comments:

Post a Comment